|1963 Michigan State Spartans football|
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|1963 record||6–2–1 (4–1–1 Big Ten)|
|Captain||Sherman Lewis, Dan Underwood|
|Home stadium||Spartan Stadium |
|1963 Big Ten football standings|
|No. 3 Illinois $||5||–||1||–||1||8||–||1||–||1|
|No. 9 Michigan State||4||–||1||–||1||6||–||2||–||1|
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1963 Michigan State Spartans football team represented Michigan State University in the 1963 Big Ten Conference football season. In their 10th season under head coach Duffy Daugherty, the Spartans compiled a 6–2–1 overall record 4–1–1 against Big Ten opponents), finished in second place in the Big Ten Conference, and were ranked #9 in the final AP Poll.
Two Spartans were selected as first-team players on the 1963 All-Big Ten Conference football team. Halfback Sherman Lewis received first-team honors from the Associated Press (AP) and United Press International (UPI), and end Dan Underwood received first-team honors from the AP. Lewis was also a consensus first-team All-American.
|September 28||North Carolina*||W 31–0|
|October 4||at No. 8 USC*||L 10–13|
|October 12||at Michigan||T 7–7|
|October 19||Indiana||W 20–3|
|October 26||at No. 9 Northwestern||W 15–7|
|November 2||No. 8 Wisconsin||W 30–13|
|November 9||at Purdue||No. 9||W 23–0|
|November 16||Notre Dame*||No. 4||W 12–7|
|November 28||No. 8 Illinois||No. 4||L 0–13|
- "2016 Football Media Guide" (PDF). Michigan State University. pp. 146, 155. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- "1963 Michigan State Spartans Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- "Reilly Selected for Big Ten First Team" (PDF). The Daily Iowan. November 30, 1983. p. 4.
- Ed Sainsbury (November 29, 1963). "Butkus, Eller Near Unanimous Choices for Big Ten All Stars". The Daily Register (Harrisburg, Illinois). p. 9.
- "2014 NCAA Football Records: Consensus All-America Selections" (PDF). National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). 2014. p. 7. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
|This College football 1960s season article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|