|1963 Gator Bowl|
|Date||December 28, 1963|
|Stadium||Gator Bowl Stadium|
|MVP||Ken Willard (RB, North Carolina) & Dave Sicks (FB, Air Force)|
|United States TV coverage|
This was the Falcons' first bowl game since 1959. The Tar Heels were co-champions of the Atlantic Coast Conference, which was their first conference title since the 1949 Southern Conference title. This was their first bowl game 1950.
- UNC - Willard 1 run (Kick failed), 2:34 remaining
- UNC - Edge 6 run (Pass failed), 9:40 remaining
- UNC - Robinson 5 pass from Black (Robinson pass from Black), 4:29 remaining
- UNC - Kessler 1 run (Lacey pass from Edge), 4:44 remaining
- UNC - Black 5 run (Chapman kick), 13:19 remaining
The morning after the game, there was a fire at the Hotel Roosevelt in downtown Jacksonville, with 22 dying.
|Statistics||Air Force||North Carolina|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 31, 2017. Retrieved December 31, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-12-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Fletcher, Stephen (December 28, 2016). "A sweet spot in time". unc.edu. Retrieved December 22, 2017.