The 1962 PGA Tour season was played from January 5 to December 9. The season consisted of 50 official money events. Arnold Palmer won the most tournaments, eight, and there were seven first-time winners. Palmer was the leading money winner with earnings of $81,448. Palmer was voted the PGA Player of the Year and also won the Vardon Trophy for the lowest scoring average.
The following table shows all the official money events for the 1962 season. "Date" is the ending date of the tournament. The numbers in parentheses after the winners' names are the number of wins they had on the tour up to and including that event. Majors are shown in bold.
|1||Arnold Palmer||United States||81,448|
|2||Gene Littler||United States||66,201|
|3||Jack Nicklaus||United States||61,869|
|4||Billy Casper||United States||61,842|
|5||Bob Goalby||United States||46,241|
|6||Gary Player||South Africa||45,838|
|7||Doug Sanders||United States||43,340|
|8||Dave Ragan||United States||37,327|
|9||Bobby Nichols||United States||34,312|
|10||Phil Rodgers||United States||32,182|
|Money winner||Arnold Palmer||United States|
|PGA Player of the Year||Arnold Palmer||United States|
|Scoring leader (Vardon Trophy)||Arnold Palmer||United States|
- "Palmer Tops PGA Ranks Second Time". The Daily Courier. Connellsville, Pennsylvania. UPI. October 4, 1962. p. 6.
For the first time, the award was open to PGA members only, so Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player, both approved tournament players, were not eligible.
- "An Old (39) Ford Beats Young Joe". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. AP. January 23, 1962. p. 1-C.
- "Nichols' Iron Shots Aid St. Pete Victory". The Pittsburg Press. Pennsylvania. UPI. March 20, 1962. p. 31.
- "Casper Wins Doral Open Golf". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Pennsylvania. AP. March 27, 1962. p. 19.
- "Nichols' Eagle Wins At Houston". Milwaukee Sentinel. Wisconsin. UPI. April 24, 1962. p. 4:2.
- "Palmer Takes Colonial Gold From Pott In Playoffs". Prescott Evening Courier. Arizona. UPI. May 15, 1962. p. 5.
- "1962 winners sorted by age". PGA Tour. July 9, 2008. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Johnson, Sal; Seanor, Dave, eds. (2009). The USA Today Golfers Encyclopedia. New York, New York: Skyhorse Publishing. pp. 630–7. ISBN 978-1-60239-302-8.
- "Arnie Again Pro Golf's Top Winner". Beaver County Times. Beaver, Pennsylvania. UPI. December 11, 1962. p. 14. Retrieved March 19, 2013.