|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
|1780s . 1790s in archaeology . 1800|
|Other events: 1790s . Archaeology timeline|
- "Cave of Letters" at Nahal Hever in the Judaean Desert.
- Fishbourne Roman Palace, West Sussex.
- Floors excavated at the Una Vida great house, Chaco Canyon.
- Cape Gelidonya shipwreck excavation, by Peter Throckmorton, George F. Bass and Frédéric Dumas, begins.
- Helge Ingstad and Anne Stine Ingstad find apparent Viking site at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland.
- Tomb of Princess Yongtai found in Qianling Mausoleum, China.
- November 4 - OH 7, first fragments of Homo habilis, discovered by Jonathan Leakey at Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania.
- Chemical tests indicate that the Etruscan terracotta warriors in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, are modern fakes.
- April 21 - Nicholas Thomas, Australian-born British archaeologist of Oceania
- May 11 - Pál Sümegi, Hungarian geoarchaeologist
- September 1 - Eric H. Cline, American Classical archaeologist
- Timothy Taylor, English archaeologist
- February 20 - Leonard Woolley, English archaeologist (b. 1880)
- March 11 - Roy Chapman Andrews, American explorer (b. 1884)
- May 13 - Antonios Keramopoulos, Greek archaeologist (b. 1870)
- October 6 - Karel Absolon, Czech archaeologist (b. 1877)
- "BBC - Digging in the 60s at Fishbourne Roman Palace". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "The prehistoric chamber tombs of France : a geographical, morphological and chronological survey". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "The history of fraud". www.theguardian.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Charles Leonard Woolley - Artefacts of Excavation". egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Roy Chapman Andrews". Britannica.com. Retrieved 27 May 2017.