|1960 Los Angeles Rams season|
|Head coach||Bob Waterfield|
|Home field||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum|
|Division place||6th NFL Western|
|Playoff finish||Did not qualify|
The 1960 Los Angeles Rams season was the team's 23rd year with the National Football League and the 15th season in Los Angeles. Under first-year head coach Bob Waterfield, the team won four and lost seven with one tie, placing the Rams in sixth place in the Western Conference, ahead of only the winless expansion Dallas Cowboys. Their most notable win was an upset of the Green Bay Packers at Milwaukee on November 20. Four weeks later in the season finale, the Packers returned the favor in Los Angeles to win the Western conference title.
|1||September 23||St. Louis Cardinals||L 43–21||0–1||47,448|
|2||October 2||at San Francisco 49ers||L 13–9||0–2||53,633|
|3||October 9||at Chicago Bears||L 34–27||0–3||47,776|
|4||October 16||at Baltimore Colts||L 31–17||0–4||57,808|
|5||October 23||Chicago Bears||T 24–24||0–4–1||63,438|
|6||October 30||Detroit Lions||W 48–35||1–4–1||53,295|
|7||November 6||at Dallas Cowboys||W 38–13||2–4–1||16,000|
|8||November 13||at Detroit Lions||L 12–10||2–5–1||54,019|
|9||November 20||at Green Bay Packers||W 33–31||3–5–1||35,763|
|11||December 4||San Francisco 49ers||L 23–7||3–6–1||77,254|
|12||December 11||Baltimore Colts||W 10–3||4–6–1||75,461|
|13||December 17||Green Bay Packers||L 35–21||4–7–1||53,445|
- Friday night (September 23), Saturday (December 17)
- A bye week was necessary in 1960, as the league expanded to an odd-number (13) of teams (Dallas); one team was idle each week.
|NFL Western Conference|
|Green Bay Packers||8||4||0||.667||7–4||332||209||W3|
|San Francisco 49ers||7||5||0||.583||7–4||208||205||W1|
|Los Angeles Rams||4||7||1||.364||4–6–1||265||297||L1|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
- Lea, Bud (November 21, 1960). "Packers lose in last 22 seconds". Milwaukee Sentinel. p. 3, part 2.
- Hamilton, Clem (November 21, 1960). "Packers are too generous, waste stirring rally, 33-31". Milwaukee Journal. p. 13, part 2.
- "Packers win banner on air-borne victory". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). Associated Press. December 18, 1960. p. 2, sports.
- "New NFL entry to play Rams in Pendleton Sunday". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). September 2, 1960. p. 13.
- "Rams crush Dallas club". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). Associated Press. September 5, 1960. p. 8.