|1960 Air Force Falcons football|
|Home stadium||DU Stadium (Denver, CO)|
|1960 NCAA University Division independents football records|
|No. 4 Navy||–||9||–||2||–||0|
|No. 19 Syracuse||–||7||–||2||–||0|
|No. 16 Penn State||–||7||–||3||–||0|
|San Jose State||–||5||–||4||–||0|
|Rankings from AP Poll|
The 1960 Air Force Falcons football team represented the United States Air Force Academy in the 1960 college football season as a University Division Independent. Led by third–year head coach Ben Martin, the Falcons played their home games at DU Stadium in Denver, Colorado. They were outscored by their opponents 147–178 and finished with a record of 4 wins and 6 losses (4–6).
This was the first year the Falcons played Navy, a 35–3 loss in mid-October at Memorial Stadium in Baltimore. Heisman Trophy winner Joe Bellino scored three first half touchdowns and also had an interception. The two academies met in even-numbered years (except 1962 and 1964) through 1971, and have played annually in the competition (with Army) for the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy, first awarded in 1972.
|September 24||Colorado State||W 32–8|
|October 1||Stanford||W 32–9|
|October 8||No. 11 Missouri||L 8–34|
|October 15||vs. No. 5 Navy||L 3–35|
|October 22||at Wyoming||L 0–15|
|October 29||George Washington||L 6–20|
|November 5||vs. Denver||W 36–6|
|November 12||at No. 11 UCLA||L 0–22|
|November 19||at Colorado||W 16–6|
|December 2||at Miami||L 14–23|
- "Bellino paces Navy, 35-3, over Falcons". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). Associated Press. October 16, 1960. p. 2B.
- "Tribe beaten by Air Force". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). Associated Press. October 2, 1960. p. 1B.
- "Missouri shatters Air Academy 34-8". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). Associated Press. October 9, 1960. p. 3, sports.
- "George Washington upsets Air Force Academy, 20-6". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). Associated Press. October 30, 1960. p. 3, sports.
- "1960 Air Force Falcons Schedule and Results". Sports-Reference. Retrieved December 9, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)