|1957 British Grand Prix|
|Date||20 July 1957|
|Official name||Grand Prix d'Europe incorporating the 10th RAC British Grand Prix|
|Location||Aintree Circuit, Liverpool, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||4.828 km (3.000 mi)|
|Distance||90 laps, 434.52 km (270.00 mi)|
The 1957 British Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held on 20 July 1957 at the Aintree Circuit, near Liverpool. It was the tenth British Grand Prix and it was race 5 of 8 in the 1957 World Championship of Drivers. The race was won by Stirling Moss and Tony Brooks, who shared driving duties in a Vanwall. It was the third and final time that a Grand Prix had been won by two drivers in a shared car. This was the first occasion that a British-built car won a World Drivers' Championship race, a feat achieved with two British drivers at their home Grand Prix.
|1||20|| Tony Brooks
|2||14||Luigi Musso||Ferrari||90||+25.6 secs||10||6|
|3||10||Mike Hawthorn||Ferrari||90||+42.8 secs||5||4|
|4||16|| Maurice Trintignant
|5||36||Roy Salvadori||Cooper-Climax||85||+5 Laps||15||2|
|6||38||Bob Gerard||Cooper-Bristol||82||+8 Laps||18|
|7||22||Stuart Lewis-Evans||Vanwall||82||+8 Laps||6|
|8||32||Ivor Bueb||Maserati||71||+19 Laps||19|
|Ret||12||Peter Collins||Ferrari||53||Water Leak||8|
|Ret||18|| Stirling Moss
|Ret||2||Juan Manuel Fangio||Maserati||49||Engine||4|
|Ret||6||Harry Schell||Maserati||39||Water Pump||7|
- ^1 – Includes 1 point for fastest lap
- ^2 – Trintignant received all 3 points for fourth place as it was determined that Collins did not drive a significant number of laps
- Last Grand Prix appearance for: Bob Gerard and Les Leston.
- Career Firsts: Tony Brooks (win); Roy Salvadori (points).
- Third and last win of two drivers in a shared car.
- Car #20: Tony Brooks (26 laps) and Stirling Moss (64 laps). They shared the 8 points for first place
- Car #16: Maurice Trintignant (85 laps) and Peter Collins (3 laps). Trintignant received all 3 points for fourth place as it was determined that Collins did not drive a significant number of laps.
- Car #18: Stirling Moss (25 laps) and Tony Brooks (26 laps).
Championship standings after the race
- Drivers' Championship standings
|1||Juan Manuel Fangio||25|
- Note: Only the top five positions are included.
- Jenkinson, D. 1957. The 10th British Grand Prix. Motor Sport. XXXIII/8 (August 1957), p. 420-421, 424
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1957 British Grand Prix.|
1957 French Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1957 German Grand Prix
1956 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:|
1958 British Grand Prix
1956 Italian Grand Prix
|European Grand Prix
(Designated European Grand Prix)
1958 Belgian Grand Prix