|1950 Sun Bowl|
|Date||January 1, 1950|
|Location||El Paso, Texas|
|MVP||Harvey Gabrel, HB|
The Miners finished 3rd in the Border Conference in Curtice's final year with the team, as they tried to get their first Sun Bowl victory. This was Georgetown's second and final bowl game.
- Chesak 1-yard run (kick failed) - UTEP 6-0
- Gabrel 1-yard run (Haesler kick) - UTEP 13-0
- Fraser 32-yard run (Davis kick) UTEP 13-7
- Kivas 3-yard run (Haesler kick) UTEP 20-7
- Gabrel 19-yard run (kick blocked) - UTEP 26-7
- Schmidt 14-yard pass from Deacon (kick failed) - UTEP 26-13
- Hansen 51-yard kickoff return (Davis kick) - UTEP 33-13
- Fornaciari 54-yard pass from Deacon (Haesler kick) - UTEP 33-20
The Miners made four Sun Bowls in the decade, along with two more in the next decade. Curtice left for Utah after the game.
- "1950 Sun Bowl - University of Texas at El Paso Official Athletic Site" (PDF). Utepathletics.com. Retrieved 2015-08-03.