|1950 Chicago Bears season|
|Head coach||George Halas|
|Home field||Wrigley Field|
|Conference place||2nd NFL National|
|Playoff finish||Lost Conference playoff (at Rams) 14–24|
The 1950 season was the Chicago Bears' 31st in the National Football League. The team matched on their 9–3 record from 1949 under head coach and owner George Halas, tied for first in the National Conference with the Los Angeles Rams, whom they had defeated twice in the regular season. They met in a tiebreaker playoff, won by the Rams, who advanced to the NFL Championship Game.
The Bears traveled by train to Los Angeles for the playoff game.
|1||September 17||at Los Angeles Rams||W 24–20||1–0||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||21,000||Recap|
|2||September 24||at San Francisco 49ers||W 32–20||2–0||Kezar Stadium||35,558||Recap|
|3||October 1||at Green Bay Packers||L 21–31||2–1||City Stadium||24,893||Recap|
|4||October 8||Chicago Cardinals||W 27–6||3–1||Wrigley Field||48,025||Recap|
|5||October 15||Green Bay Packers||W 28–14||4–1||Wrigley Field||51,065||Recap|
|7||October 29||at New York Yanks||L 27–38||4–2||Yankee Stadium||48,642||Recap|
|8||November 5||at Detroit Lions||W 35–21||5–2||Briggs Stadium||32,000||Recap|
|9||November 12||New York Yanks||W 28–20||6–2||Wrigley Field||50,102||Recap|
|10||November 19||San Francisco 49ers||W 17–0||7–2||Wrigley Field||35,105||Recap|
|11||November 26||Los Angeles Rams||W 24–14||8–2||Wrigley Field||43,678||Recap|
|12||December 3||at Chicago Cardinals||L 10–20||8–3||Comiskey Park||31,919||Recap|
|13||December 10||Detroit Lions||W 6–3||9–3||Wrigley Field||34,604||Recap|
Note: Intra-conference opponents are in bold text.
- A bye week was necessary in 1950, as the league had an odd number (13) of teams; one team was idle each week.
|NFL National Conference|
|Los Angeles Rams||9||3||0||.750||9–2||466||309||W1|
|New York Yanks||7||5||0||.583||7–4||366||367||W1|
|San Francisco 49ers||3||9||0||.250||3–8||213||300||W1|
|Green Bay Packers||3||9||0||.250||2–9||244||406||L2|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
|Conference||December 17||at Los Angeles Rams||L 14–24||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum|
- Unscheduled tiebreaker game for conference title
- Livingston, Pat (December 17, 1950). "Browns and Rams favored in pro grid playoffs". Pittsburgh Press. p. 39.
- "NFL race ends in double tie". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. December 11, 1950. p. 19.
- "Two pro grid loop title playoffs today". Milwaukee Sentinel. Associated Press. December 17, 1950. p. 1, sports.
- "Rams to play Browns for NFL championship". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. December 18, 1950. p. 26.
- Myers, Bob (December 18, 1950). "Red-hot Rams lash Bears 24-14". Milwaukee Sentinel. Associated Press. p. 4, part 2.
|This article relating to a Chicago Bears season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|