|Dates||June 26–29, 1947|
|Location||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Format||Stroke play − 72 holes|
|Length||6,414 yards (5,865 m)|
|Prize fund||$7,500 |
|Winner's share||$1,200 |
Betty Jameson won her only U.S. Women's Open, six strokes ahead of runners-up Polly Riley and Sally Sessions, both amateurs. She entered the final round on Sunday with a two shot lead at 225 (−3) and carded a six-under 70. It was the second of her three major championships. Jameson was the runner-up the previous year, conducted in a match play format. Defending champion Patty Berg finished ninth, third among the professionals.
Sunday, June 29, 1947
|Place||Player||Country||Score||To par||Money ($)|
|1||Betty Jameson||United States||76-75-74-70=295||−9||1,200|
|T2||Polly Riley (a)||United States||74-75-78-74=301||−3||0|
|Sally Sessions (a)||United States||77-76-74-74=301|
|4||Louise Suggs (a)||United States||74-76-79-73=302||−2||0|
|5||Estelle Page (a)||United States||76-73-78-79=306||+2||0|
|6||Carol Diringer (a)||United States||81-76-73-77=307||+3||0|
|7||Grace Lenczyk (a)||United States||80-75-74-79=308||+4||0|
|8||Helen Dettweiler||United States||75-84-73-77=309||+5||1,000|
|9||Patty Berg||United States||74-81-79-76=310||+6||900|
|10||Peggy Kirk (a)||United States||81-83-72-77=313||+9||0|
- "Betty Jameson fires 70 for Open title". Eugene Register-Guard. United Press. June 30, 1947. p. 9.
- "Pro Betty Jameson wins Open with record 295". Milwaukee Journal. Associated Press. June 30, 1947. p. 2, part 2.
- "Betty Jameson low with 225". Milwaukee Journal. United Press. June 29, 1947. p. 2, sports.
- USGA final leaderboard
- U.S. Women's Open Golf Championship
- U.S. Women's Open – past champions – 1947