|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1943 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- Excavations at Olmec site of La Venta by Matthew Stirling end.
- Start of excavations at El Tajín by José Garcia Payon.
- Start of excavations at Hassuna by a team from the Iraqi Directorate General of Antiquities led by Seton Lloyd (continue to 1945).
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2010)
- The National Trust purchases Avebury from Alexander Keiller.
- November - Max von Oppenheim's private archaeological museum in Berlin is destroyed by bombing.
- July 2 - Peter Woodman, Irish archaeologist (d. 2017)
- July 20 - Gordon Hillman, British archaeobotanist (d. 2018)
- April 7 - Auguste Audollent, French historian, archaeologist and Latin epigrapher (b. 1864)
- September 5 - Aleš Hrdlička, Czech-American anthropologist (b. 1869)
- October 26 - Aurel Stein, Hungarian-British Central Asian archaeologist (b. 1862)
- "National Trust, Avebury Manor". Art UK. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Berlin's Pergamon Museum exhibits Tell Halaf statues". BBC News. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Peter Woodman—an Obituary". Archaeology Ireland. Archived from the original on 2017-10-24. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Jones, Martin (23 July 2018). "Gordon Hillman obituary". the Guardian. Retrieved 3 August 2018.