This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of notable events in country music that took place in the year 1931.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)
Top hits of the year
- July 26 - Fred Foster, record producer and songwriter (died 2019).
- September 12 – George Jones, "The Possum," one of the genre's all-time greatest vocalists (died 2013).
- November 8 – Harold Shedd, record producer most associated with the 1980s success of Alabama.
- December 30 – Skeeter Davis, the top vocalist in country music during the 1960s, best known for the hit song "The End of the World" (died 2004).
- May 21 – Charlie Poole, banjo player and leader of The North Carolina Ramblers (heart attack)
- Kingsbury, Paul, "Vinyl Hayride: Country Music Album Covers 1947–1989," Country Music Foundation, 2003 (ISBN 0-8118-3572-3)
- Millard, Bob, "Country Music: 70 Years of America's Favorite Music," HarperCollins, New York, 1993 (ISBN 0-06-273244-7)
- Whitburn, Joel. "Top Country Songs 1944–2005 – 6th Edition." 2005.