|1915 Michigan State Normal Normalites football|
|Head coach||Elmer Mitchell (1st season)|
|Captain||John B. Hartman|
The 1915 Michigan State Normal Normalites football team represented Michigan State Normal College (later renamed Eastern Michigan University) during the 1915 college football season. The team compiled a record of 4–2–1, shut out five of their seven opponents (including a scoreless tie with the Michigan Wolverines freshman team), and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 154 to 25. John B. Hartman was the team captain.
Elmer Mitchell, formerly a high school coach in Grand Rapids, was hired to coach the school's football team in May 1915. At the start of fall practice, 60 students tried out for the football team, the largest number in school history up to that time. As the team lacked any players weighing 200 pounds or more, coach Mitchell was compelled to build his team around speed.
|October 9||at Assumption||Sandwich, Windsor, ON||W 33–0|||
|October 16||at Michigan freshmen||Ann Arbor, MI||T 0–0|
|October 23||Detroit||W 46–0|||
|October 30||Hillsdale||W 28–0|
|November 6||at Kalamazoo||Kalamazoo, MI||L 0–19|
|November 13||Battle Creek Physical Training School||W 47–0|||
|November 20||at Hillsdale||Hillsdale, MI||L 0–6|
- "2015 Eastern Michigan Football Digital Media Guide" (PDF). Eastern Michigan University Football. pp. 160, 170. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "Berry To Coach Union H.S.: St. Joseph, Mich., Man To Succeed Mitchell". Detroit Free Press. May 18, 1915. p. 10.
- "Mitchell Coaches Ypsi: Former Grand Rapids High Mentor Has Bright Prospects". Detroit Free Press. August 22, 1915. p. 19.
- "Ypsilanti Has Flock of Men: Squad of 60 Trying for Places on Normal School Football Eleven". Detroit Free Press. October 3, 1915. p. 19 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Ypsi Normals Start Season With 33-0 Win: Wallop Assumption College Eleven 33-0 on Canadian Soil in Handy Fashion". Detroit Free Press. October 10, 1915 – via Newspapers.com.
- K.W. Hall (October 24, 1915). "Ypsi Crushes University in Easy Fashion: Strong Normals Run Up Score of 46 to 0 on Coach Costello's Green Team". Detroit Free Press. p. 22 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Ypsi Normals Score at Will: Wallop Battle Creek, 47 to 0, in One-Sided Game". Detroit Free Press. November 13, 1915. p. 12 – via Newspapers.com.
|This article about a sports team in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|