The 1908 Florida gubernatorial election was held on November 3, 1908. Incumbent Governor Napoleon B. Broward was term-limited. Democratic nominee Albert W. Gilchrist was elected with 78.82% of the vote.
Primary elections were held on May 19, 1908, with the Democratic runoff held on June 16, 1908.
- Jefferson B. Browne, President of the Florida Senate
- Albert W. Gilchrist, former State Representative
- John N. C. Stockton, former state legislator
|Democratic||Albert W. Gilchrist||23,248||44.45|
|Democratic||John N. C. Stockton||20,068||38.37|
|Democratic||Jefferson B. Browne||8,986||17.18|
|Democratic||Albert W. Gilchrist||32,465||58.23|
|Democratic||John N. C. Stockton||23,291||41.77|
- John M. Cheney, Republican, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida
- Albert W. Gilchrist, Democratic
- Andrew Jackson Pettigrew, Socialist, State Representative
|Democratic||Albert W. Gilchrist||33,036||78.82%|
|Republican||John M. Cheney||6,453||15.40%|
|Socialist||A. J. Pettigrew||2,427||5.79%|
- Burnett, Gene M. (1991). Florida's Past: People and Events That Shaped the State. 3. Sarasota, FL: Pineapple Press, Inc. p. 204. ISBN 9781561641178.
- Kabat 1988, p. 199.
- "Four of ten delegates; all for Bryan". Pensacola Journal. Pensacola, FL. 30 May 1908. p. 1. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Kerber, Stephen (1979). Park Trammell of Florida: A Political Biography (PDF) (Doctor of Philosophy). University of Florida. p. 82. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Kabat 1988, p. 202.
- Guthrie, Jr., John J. (1998). Keepers of the Spirits: The Judicial Response to Prohibition Enforcement in Florida, 1885-1935. Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press. p. 19. ISBN 0-313-30190-5.
- "FL Governor, 1908". Our Campaigns. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Florida Handbook 1965-66, p. 370.
- Glashan 1979, pp. 58–59.
- Congressional Quarterly 1998, p. 47.
- Morris, Allen (1965). The Florida Handbook, 1965-66. Tallahassee, FL: The Peninsular Publishing Company.
- Glashan, Roy R. (1979). American Governors and Gubernatorial Elections, 1775-1978. Meckler Books. ISBN 0-930466-17-9.CS1 maint: ref duplicates default (link)
- Gubernatorial Elections, 1787-1997. Washington, D.C.: Congressional Quarterly Inc. 1998. ISBN 1-56802-396-0.
- Kabat, Ric A. (October 1988). ""Everybody votes for Gilchrist": The Florida gubernatorial campaign of 1908". The Florida Historical Quarterly. Tampa, FL: Florida Historical Society. LXVII (2): 184–203. Retrieved 3 June 2020.CS1 maint: ref duplicates default (link)