|Segunda División||Barracas A.C.|
|Tercera División||Alumni III|
1901 in Argentine football saw champion English High School changing its name to "Alumni Athletic Club", due to a regulation from the Association stating that football teams were not allowed to name the same as the Schools they belonged to.
The new denomination was inspired by the Alumni Associations of the United States, formed by ex-students who wanted to keep the ties of friendship with their old schoolmates. Under its new name Alumni retained the Argentine championship by winning all six of its games.
The championship continued with the 4 team league format, with each team playing the other twice.
- Champion: Barracas Athletic
- Champion: Alumni III
- Champion: Alumni
Argentina national team
|16 May 1901||Montevideo||Uruguay ||3-2||Leslie, Dickinson, Anderson||Friendly|||
- Argentina 1901 at Historia y Futbol
- Argentina 1901 by Osvaldo José Gorgazzi at RSSSF
- "Seleccion Nacional: Los comienzos (1901-1930)", AFA website, 19 September 2012
- Some versions stated that the team that faced Argentina was Albion FC based on the initial line-up had 9 players from that club. In fact, it was the first match disputed by an Uruguayan national team. Source: "Historia del Fútbol Uruguayo" at Deportes en Uruguay
- Other results of Argentina national team at RSSSF