|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1892 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- August - Survey of Coldrum Long Barrow in south east England.
- Excavations to uncover the fortifications of Thebes, Greece, are begun by lawyer Eustratios Kalopais.
- Glastonbury Lake Village discovered by Arthur Bulleid in the Somerset Levels of England.
- Gough's Cave discovered in Cheddar Gorge (Somerset), England.
- "Venus of Brassempouy" discovered in France.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- The American School of Classical Studies at Athens is founded.
- Sir William Ridgeway is elected to the Disney Professorship of Archaeology in the University of Cambridge.
- April 14 - V. Gordon Childe, Australian-born prehistorian (died 1957).
- May 5 - Dorothy Garrod, English Palaeolithic archaeologist of the Near East (died 1968).
- "The scientific work". Archaeological Museum of Thebes. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "The Discovery Service". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Vere Gordon Childe". BBC History. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Dorothy Annie Elizabeth Garrod - British archaeologist". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Grave of Amelia Edwards, Non Civil Parish - 1439170 - Historic England". historicengland.org.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2017.