The year 1850 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- November 1 – Foundation stone laid for church of All Saints, Margaret Street, London, designed by William Butterfield. supervised by Beresford Hope for the Cambridge Camden Society as a model of the High Victorian Gothic ecclesiological style.
- Bratsberg Church, Trondheim, Norway.
- Hillsgrove Covered Bridge, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Britannia Bridge in north Wales, engineered by Robert Stephenson, is opened.
- Newcastle railway station in the north-east of England, designed by John Dobson, is opened.
- Sainte-Geneviève Library in Paris, designed by Henri Labrouste, is completed, the first major public building with an exposed cast-iron frame.
- Château de Boursault, France, designed by Jean-Jacques Arveuf-Fransquin.
- Vĩnh Tràng Temple, Mỹ Tho, Vietnam.
- January 10 – John Wellborn Root, Chicago-based US architect (died 1891)
- February 17 – Frank Darling, Canadian architect associated with Toronto (died 1923)
- November 15 – Victor Laloux, French Beaux-Arts architect and teacher (died 1937)
- December 21 – Lluís Domènech i Montaner, Spanish-Catalan architect, a leader of Modernisme català, the Catalan Art Nouveau/Jugendstil movement (died 1927)
- Robert Worley, English architect (died 1930)
- February 19 – François Debret, French architect (born 1777)
- March 2 – Auguste-Henri-Victor Grandjean de Montigny, French architect influential in Brazil (born 1776)
- May 8 – Antonio Niccolini, Italian architect, scenic designer, and engraver (born 1772)
- July 12 – Robert Stevenson, Scottish lighthouse engineer (born 1772)
- "Bratsberg kirke" (in Norwegian). Strinda historielag. Retrieved 2011-04-15.
- "Pennsylvania Cultural Resources Geographic Information System" (Searchable database). Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- Biddle, Gordon; Nock, O. S. (1983). The Railway Heritage of Britain. London: Michael Joseph. ISBN 0-7181-2355-7.
- Trachtenberg, Marvin; Hyman, Isabelle (1986). Architecture: from Prehistory to Post-Modernism – the Western tradition. London: Academy Editions. p. 478. ISBN 0-85670-899-2.
- Võ Văn Tường. "Các chùa Nam Bộ" (in Vietnamese). Buddhism Today. Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- Cassanelli, Roberto; Ciapparelli, Pier Luigi; Colle, Enrico; David, Massimiliano (2001). Houses and Monuments of Pompeii: The Work of Fausto and Felice Niccolini. p. 23.