|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The decade of the 1680s in archaeology involved some significant events.
- 1685: Jacob Spon - Miscellanea eruditae antiquitatis
- 1683: June 6 - The Ashmolean Museum opens in Oxford. The Rev. Robert Hunt donates the limestone false door stele of Sheri from Saqqara (Fourth Dynasty of Egypt), one of the first large Middle Eastern sculptures seen in Western Europe.
- 1687: An explosion destroys part of the Parthenon.
- 1685: approximate date - John Horsley, English archaeologist (d. 1732)
- 1687: November 7 - William Stukeley, English antiquarian (d. 1765)
- 1680: November 28 - Athanasius Kircher, German scholar (b. 1602)
- 1689: November 26 - Marquard Gude, German archaeologist (b. 1635)
1670s in archaeology
| Archaeology timeline
1690s in archaeology