The year 1622 in music involved some significant events.
- January 6 (probable) – The Masque of Augurs, written by Ben Jonson and designed by Inigo Jones, is performed at Whitehall Palace, probably to celebrate Twelfth Night. The masque features music by Alfonso Ferrabosco the younger and Nicholas Lanier (but only one song by Lanier will survive).
- Lutenist Jacques Gaultier begins his correspondence with composer Constantijn Huygens.
- Salamone Rossi – Il quarto libro de varie sonate, sinfonie, gagliarde, branle, e corrente per sonar due violini, et un chittarone o altro stromento simile
- Thomas Tomkins – Songs Of 3. 4. 5. and 6. parts
- Francesca Caccini – Il martirio di Sant'Agata (The martyrdom of Saint Agata)
- date unknown
- January 1 – Jakob Hassler, composer (born 1569)
- February 11 – Alfonso Fontanelli, composer and writer (born 1557)
- October 26 – Sebastián de Vivanco, priest and composer (born c.1551)
- November – Giovanni Battista Grillo, organist and composer
- date unknown – Giovanni Paolo Cima, organist and composer (born c. 1570)