This article does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ab urbe condita||2125|
|Balinese saka calendar||1293–1294|
|English Regnal year||45 Edw. 3 – 46 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||辛亥年 (Metal Pig)|
4068 or 4008
— to —
壬子年 (Water Rat)
4069 or 4009
|- Vikram Samvat||1428–1429|
|- Shaka Samvat||1293–1294|
|- Kali Yuga||4472–4473|
|Japanese calendar||Ōan 5|
|Minguo calendar||540 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1914–1915|
1498 or 1117 or 345
— to —
1499 or 1118 or 346
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1372.|
- May – Owain Lawgoch makes a second attempt to take the throne of Wales. Whilst attacking the island of Guernsey, he abandons the invasion in order to fight for France at La Rochelle.
- June 22 – Battle of La Rochelle: The French and the Castilians defeat the English. The French gain control of the English Channel for the first time since 1340.
- Encounter of Sintra: Twenty Portuguese knights rout four hundred Castilian infantrymen of the country.
- Peace is declared between the Kingdom of Sicily and the Kingdom of Naples.
- The Kingdom of Chūzan (now in southern Japan) enters tributary relations with Ming Dynasty China.
- Four-year-old Muhammad as-Said succeeds his father, Abu l-Fariz Abdul Aziz I, as Marinid Sultan of Morocco.
- Newaya Maryam succeeds his father, Newaya Krestos, as ruler of Ethiopia.
- The city of Aachen, Germany, begins adding a Roman numeral Anno Domini date to a few of its coins, the first city in the world to do so.
- February 18 – Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Islamic scholar (d. 1449)
- March 13 – Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans, son of King Charles V of France (d. 1407)
- October – John Hastings, 3rd Earl of Pembroke (d. 1389)
- approximate date – Helena Dragaš, empress consort of Byzantium (d. 1450)
- approximate date – Olivera, daughter of Lazar of Serbia and wife of Bayezid I
- January 11 – Eleanor of Lancaster, English noblewoman (b. 1318)
- March 19 – John II, Marquess of Montferrat (b. 1321)
- March 21 – Rudolf VI, Margrave of Baden
- August 24 – Casimir III, Duke of Pomerania (b. 1348)
- August 31 – Ralph de Stafford, 1st Earl of Stafford, English soldier (b. 1301)
- date unknown – Bagrat I of Imereti, King of Georgia