|.375 Remington Ultra Magnum|
|Place of origin||United States|
|Parent case||.300 Remington Ultra Magnum|
|Case type||Beltless, rebated-rim, bottleneck|
|Bullet diameter||.375 in (9.5 mm)|
|Shoulder diameter||.5250 in (13.34 mm)|
|Base diameter||.5500 in (13.97 mm)|
|Overall length||3.600 in (91.4 mm)|
|Primer type||Large rifle magnum|
|Maximum pressure||65,000 psi (450 MPa)|
|Maximum CUP||< !-- Ballistic performance --> CUP|
|Test barrel length: 26|
Source(s): Alliant Powder
It is a beltless, rebated rim cartridge created by necking up the .300 Remington Ultra Magnum case to .375 caliber with no other changes. Factory loadings are less powerful than handloads for the cartridge. Remington factory loads push a 300 grain (19 g) bullet at 2760 ft/s (840 m/s), producing 5070 ft·lbf (6.88 kJ) of energy. A handloader can increase the muzzle velocity of a 300gr bullet to 3321 ft/s (900 m/s), and develop 5800 ft·lbf (7.9 kJ).
The intended use of this cartridge includes hunting large, thick-skinned game. It is powerful enough to kill any land animal and, with its high velocity, can do so at fairly long ranges. Such performance comes at the price of a heavy recoil: in a sporting-weight rifle of ~8 lb (3.6 kg), this cartridge can produce a fierce 80 ft·lbf (108 J) of recoil (approximately 3.5 times that of a .30-06.)
Currently, there are no production rifles in this chambering (Savage & Remington previously did so.) Remington, DoubleTap and Nosler are the only sources of factory ammunition. Loading dies and reloading data are readily available to the handloader. Double Tap loads to the specifications attributed to handloader limits.
- List of rifle cartridges
- 9 mm caliber other cartridges of similar size.
- Table of handgun and rifle cartridges
- "375 Remington Ultra Mag" (PDF). Barnes Bullets. Barnes Bullets, LLC. 38 N Frontage Rd Mona, UT 84645. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-11. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Alliant Powder - Reloaders' Guide". Alliant Powder. Alliant Powder 2299 Snake River Avenue Lewiston, ID 83501. 2014.
- "PREMIER® A-FRAME™". Remington. Remington Arms Company, LLC 870 Remington Drive P.O. Box 700 Madison, NC 27025-0700. 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-07-26. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Hodgdon Online Reloading Data". Hodgdon Powder, P.O. BOX 2932 • SHAWNEE MISSION, KANSAS 66201. 2014. Archived from the original on 2007-11-11. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "The .375 Remington Ultra Mag" by Chuck Hawks
- "Ammunition-Nosler". Nosler. Nosler Inc. 107 SW Columbia St. Bend, OR 97702. 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-24.
- "375 Remington Ultra Mag". DoubleTap Ammunition. DoubleTap Ammunition 646 S. Main St. #333 Cedar City, UT 84720. 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-24.