|Studio album by|
|Genre||R&B, soul music, Funk rock|
|Ike & Tina Turner chronology|
'Nuff Said was the third album released by Ike & Tina Turner in 1971; commercially their most successful year. The release of Workin' Together in December 1970 produced their hit single "Proud Mary" which helped propel the album to No. 3 on the Billboard Soul LP chart. In February 1971, Capitol Records reissued their album Get It – Get It and re-titled it Her Man. . . His Woman. Their live album What You Hear Is What You Get was released in July and peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard Soul LP chart. Also, they were included in the soundtrack Soul To Soul which was released in September and peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard Soul LPs chart.
Recording and release
'Nuff Said was recorded at the Turner's own Bolic Sound studio in 1971. It features a two-part instrumental track as the title song. No singles were released from the album in the U.S., but it charted at No. 108 on the Billboard Top LPs and No. 21 on the Soul LPs charts. In 1972, "What You Don't See (Is Better Yet)" was released as a single in Brazil.
|Christgau's Record Guide||C+|
Billboard (November 13, 1971):
This husband and wife team has always provided one of the most exciting concert acts possible and it's about time they had a real album winner. This entry will do it. "I Love What You Do To Me" has the feel of "Proud Mary" with Ike's bass voice pouring heavy. Other standouts include "Sweet Flustrations," "Moving Into Hip Style-A Trip Child" and "What You Don't See." Watch it Go!
|1.||"I Love What You Do To Me"||Calvin Lane, Philip Reese||2:32|
|2.||"Baby (What You Want Me To Do)"||Aillene Bullock||3:27|
|3.||"Sweet Flustrations"||Ike Turner, Leon Ware, Philip Reese||2:55|
|4.||"What You Don't See (Is Better Yet)"||Ike Turner, Leon Ware, Tina Turner, Calvin Lane||3:15|
|5.||"Nuff Said (Part I)"||Calvin Lane, Ike Turner, Philip Reese||3:12|
|1.||"Tell The Truth"||Ike Turner, Leon Ware||2:53|
|2.||"Pick Me Up (Take Me Where Your Home Is)"||Aillene Bullock, Ike Turner, Leon Ware, Tina Turner||4:23|
|3.||"Moving Into Hip Style - A Trip Child!"||Ike Turner, Leon Ware, Tina Turner||2:47|
|4.||"I Love Baby"||Calvin Lane, Ike Turner, Philip Reese||2:20|
|5.||"Can't You Hear Me Callin'"||Ike Turner, Leon Ware||2:26|
|6.||"Nuff Said (Part II)"||Calvin Lane, Ike Turner, Philip Reese||2:01|
|Billboard Top LPs||1971||108|
|Record World Albums||91|
|Billboard Soul LPs||1972||21|
|Record World R&B Albums||18|
- "Best Selling Soul LPs" (PDF). Billboard: 39. August 28, 1971.
- "Best Selling Soul LPs" (PDF). Billboard: 33. October 30, 1971.
- "Ike & Tina Turner – What You Don't See / Tell The Truth". Discogs.
- "'Nuff Said - Ike & Tina Turner | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: T". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved August 4, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- "Album Reviews" (PDF). Billboard. November 13, 1971.
- "Come Together/Nuff Said". BGO Records.
- "'Nuff Said - Ike & Tina Turner | Release Info". AllMusic.
- "Top LPs" (PDF). Billboard: 70. December 11, 1971.
- "The Album Chart" (PDF). Record World: 54. December 25, 1971.
- "Best Selling Soul LPs" (PDF). Billboard: 58. January 15, 1972.
- "The R&B Albums Chart" (PDF). Record World: 8. January 8, 1972.